Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Made Whole

"He who had set me apart before I was born, and had called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me."
Galationas 1:15-16, RSV

"God revealed himself in the person of Jesus to Paul. It was as if God said, "Listen, Paul, you have it all wrong. You have good ideas, your theology is intelligent enough, your sincerity is above reproach, but you have it all wrong. You think religion is a matter of knowing things and doing things. It is not. It is a matter of letting God do something for you -- letting him love you, letting him save you, letting him bless you, letting him command you. Your part is to look and believe, to pray and obey. For a start I am going to show myself to you in Jesus. In him you will see that what concerns me is being with you, making you whole."

Traveling Light

Made Whole, God's Message for Each Day by Eugene Peterson.

No comments: