Friday, April 21, 2006

What Shall I Do?

Elizabeth Elliott Devotional

It is not always possible to know whether the
source of an idea or deed is God or Satan, since
God sometimes covers Himself in cloud and Satan
is often an angel of light. It is, however,
always possible to trust the Shepherd who has
promised to lead us in paths of righteousness. We
must do the thing that appears to be right to do
at the right time and do it by faith. That is, we
do it with an honest desire to obey God and a
willingness to have what He wills us to have, or
not to have what He does not will us to have. If
it were not for uncertainties, we would have no
need to walk by faith.

Show me the way that I must take;
to Thee I offer all my heart.
Teach me to do thy will for thou art my God.
Keep me safe, O Lord, for the honor of thy name.

--(Ps 143:8,10,11 NEB)

No comments: