Monday, March 20, 2006

His Blood and My Conscience

Elizabeth Elliott Devotional
Title: His Blood and My Conscience

In the conscience of all of us sinners there is
deadness from our former ways. This has its
effect on our present behavior, in ways we little
realize, and hinders our fitness for service to
God. But there is a remedy: the power of the
blood of Christ.

"His blood will cleanse our conscience from the
deadness of our former ways and fit us for the
service of the living God" (Heb 9:14 NEB).

This morning I was troubled about what seemed to
be a blockage deep down where I could not get at
it. I was glad it was not too deep or too strong
for the power of the blood to reach and cleanse.
Satan would try to convince me daily that I am
full of "hang-ups" which unfit me for God's
service. The blood of Christ is my answer to his
challenge. It will never lose its power.

No comments: