Thursday, March 09, 2006

God's Unconditional Love

Accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God. Romans 15: 7

"Some parents exert authority over their children and then convey their love and acceptance after the children obey. But God's approach to His children is the opposite: love and acceptance comes first (John 3: 16; Romans 5:8). It's because of God's unconditional love for us that we want to submit to Him. Similarly, when our kids know we love them regardless of their failures, they will respond to our direction."

Neil T. Anderson, Freedom in Christ.

-----------

I think sometimes we are afraid to talk too much about grace. If we do we might lose our ability to control someone through fear. But think about this: has anyone been so good to you that what you wanted to do in response was to take advantage of them? I think the problem is not that we talk about grace too much but that we understand God's graciousness too little.

But because God was so gracious, so very generous, here I am. And I'm not about to let his grace go to waste. Haven't I worked hard trying to do more than any of the others? Even then, my work didn't amount to all that much. It was God giving me the work to do, God giving me the energy to do it. 1 Corinthians 15: 10 (The Message)

No comments: