Thursday, July 28, 2011

Prayer Circles

Mark Batterson post:  The Circle Maker


The next three days are devoted to shooting the video curriculum for The Circle Maker.  It’ll be a four-part series for small groups and church-wide campaigns based on the book.  We’ll shoot at a variety of locations around DC.

Fifteen years ago I did a 4.7 mile prayer walk around Capitol Hill.  It took about three hours to pray the circle, but God has been answering that prayer for fifteen years! All of our properties are located right on that prayer circle.  No coincidence. Providence.

All of the sessions will wrap up on the rooftop of Ebenezers Coffeehouse which doubles as my favorite place to pray.  I love praying up there for lots of reasons, but chief among them is that I’m praying on top of a miracle. It’s hard not to have faith when you’re praying on top of an answered prayer!

I’d appreciate your prayers.  I’m believing that the net result of this curriculum will be thousands of prayer circles in churches across the country.


No comments: