Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Praise of His Glory

In John 9 the disciples ask:
2And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 3Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.
It is all about God.  I think that is something that God is working in each of us every day .. to see that everything is to the "praise of His glory", as it says in Ephesians 1
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory. (v13-14)
God desires that we not count anything as more valuable than Him and that nothing is so terrible that it can cause us to stop believing in the His ultimate goodness, wisdom and sovereignty.  That we would see Him as the "pearl of greatest price".
"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.   "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.  Matthew 13:44-46
16So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.  2 Cor 4

I think these thoughts were expressed in my mom's blog post yesterday where she says:
I am going back over my blog for the past two years nearly. I cannot believe some of the experiences this cancer has given to us. I am, along with a dear friend, hoping to put this into a book form. I would hope that these weeks and months of trial might give hope to someone. I told my sister last week (and never in this world would think I could say this) that I would not take away this cancer and what it has done for me. I have gained so much dependence on God and feel so much closer to my Savior. I know the Holy Spirit is there for me every day, speaking for me when I have no voice to pray. Micah 7:8..."Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light."

No comments: