Monday, February 12, 2007

Sermon: Talking Bush

Yesterday Aaron preached from Exodus 3 and the account of Moses and the burning bush. In these verses Moses argues for his brokenness. And he was right. When we say "I'm no ___ (fill in the blank)", God says "I AM".

---
I think God is not ready to do what we cannot do until we confess our helplessness and total dependence on Him. I'm reminded of the words of Paul from 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: