Friday, December 01, 2006

Promises

Promises of Peace

I fall asleep in peace the moment I lie down because you alone, O Lord, enable me to live securely. Psalm 4:8

The Lord will give power to his people. The Lord will bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11

Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am God. I rule the Nations. I rule the Earth. Psalm 46:10

With perfect peace you will protect those whose minds cannot be changed, because they trust you. Isaiah 26:3

I’m leaving you peace. I’m giving you my peace. I don’t give you the kind of peace that the world gives. So don’t be troubled or cowardly. John 14:27

Also, let Christ’s peace control you. God has called you into this peace by bringing you into one body. Be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Try to live peacefully with everyone, and try to live holy lives, because if you don’t you will not see the Lord. Hebrews 12:14

People who want to live a full life and enjoy good days must keep their tongues from saying evil things… they must turn away from evil and do good. They must seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:10-11

No comments: