Thursday, September 29, 2011

As Long As It Takes

Mark Batterson post:  Prayerstorming


I love making up words. One of my new favorites is prayerstorming.  It’s a derivative of brainstorming, but it adds a spiritual dimension that goes beyond the intellectual constraints of cerebral cortex.  I have this growing sense that our emphasis in 2012 will be strategic prayer.  We’ll kick off 2012 with a four-part series on prayer based off my next book, The Circle Maker.  We’ll do a 21-day prayer challenge in January.

I believe in the importance of praying and planning.  It’s not either/or. It’s both/and.  I think the best plans are conceived in prayer.  It’s the difference between good ideas and God ideas.  That is what prayerstorming is all about. It’s getting into God’s presence so you get God’s heartbeat.  Prayer isn’t about outlining your agenda for God. It’s about discovering His agenda for you.  And the only way you download it is prayer.

I used to attach an ASAP to every prayer.  I wanted God to answer as soon as possible. My paradigm has shifted to ALATas long as it takes.   I believe 2012 is going to be a break through year at NCC for one reason: when you PRAY THROUGH you will inevitably experience a BREAK TROUGH.  If we believe that, then let’s pray like it.

I’ll be honest, I’m tired of the latest trends and newest ideas.  There’s no school like the old school.  I think we need to keep on top of those latest trends and newest ideas, but it’s meaningless if we aren’t praying like it depends on God.  Think of it as prayerstorming.


No comments: