Thursday, August 25, 2011

Keep Growing

Mark Batterson post:  Trying New Things

I’m so proud of Summer.

She’s never played a day of organized volleyball, but she tried out for the team anyway.  It took a lot of courage.  And she made it. In order to do so, she had to do something she wasn’t very good at–yet.  Isn’t that always the case?  You always start out bad, but that is the only way you get good at anything.  Many of us would rather do nothing!

At some point, many of us stop trying new things, stop doing new things. That’s when you stop living and start dying.  I’m determined to try new things till the day I die.  I love climbing new learning curves.

I’m uber-impressed with people who learn new languages, learn new skills, and go new places just because they want to continue expanding their horizons!

Keep growing. Keep trying. Keep learning.

No comments: