Monday, January 31, 2011

Strange Delight

Thabiti Anyabwile post:  Delusions of Strength Hinder the Lord


To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Cor. 12:7-10)

“Our weakness will not get in the way of what the Lord wants to do in us.  Our delusions of strength will!  The power of God is for the weak!  The grace of God is for the unable!  The promises of God are for the faint!  The wisdom of God is for the foolish!”

Paul David Tripp, War of Words: Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles, p. 130.

No comments: