Thursday, October 28, 2010

'Tis So Sweet

Excerpt from Kathryn's Musings From A Late Fall Day .... post at Didn't See This Coming ...

...

What I do know, is God is a keeper of all of his promises.  When we see the sun; feel the wind on our skin and in our hair (those who still have hair), and see the handiwork of his good pleasure all around us, having faith in something far greater than ourselves, perhaps we do not have to "fully know" or comprehend.  "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so".....and those who 'have the faith of a mustard seed" - this is sufficient for the day.  His Grace.  However, as humans, we will keep reading and searching to reach understanding that 'gets us through the day'.  He says to 'study to show yourself approved" - it is a call to know Him and his will for our lives. He commands that we gain wisdom - but only God's wisdom is to be sought, wisdom cannot be found in anything or anyone else. 

I have a great many questions - and they all begin with "why?...." and even though I want answers, I will not get them. I might get a slight glimmer and think, ah! yes, that is why - but it's only my human insight or POV.  It's not God's.

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Refrain
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

The hymns of days past speak to my heart in a new way.  I hear the words; the tune or lack there of no longer matters.  I am so grateful for those who sat and penned their soul's hurts and praise to paper.  Likewise Streams in the Desert.  Words leap off the page and embed themselves into my heart - they are testimonies by humans, thoughts and faith sharpened by winter's blasts and Satan's never ending weapons thrust at our hearts, minds and marrow.  God's word is the foundation; He has provided for every storm that comes our way.  Trust Him, He is worthy to be praised and worshipped.  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

No comments: