Monday, September 27, 2010

Deepest Need

Grace Has Called My Name (Kathryn Scott)


Peace as elusive as a shadow dancing on the wall
life swallowed by the pain of yesterday;
Left broken by the shame of things that I had done,
No freedom from the choices that I’d made;

But with one touch You made me clean;
You met me in my deepest need. 

Grace has called my name,
when all that I had left were just filthy stains;
Grace has called my name;
when hope had all but faded far away,
Grace called my name.

Wounded by words that left their mark upon my soul,
dreams overturned by empty promises;
Well intentioned things I’d heard a million times before
just left my heart to grieve alone again;

But with one touch You set me free;
You met me in my deepest need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim, thanks for this song this morning! And - i have been thinking about radical christianity all weekend, since i read and listened to your David Platt post on Friday.-pj