Thursday, April 22, 2010

His Word

Mark Batterson post:  The Secret Sauce

Love the Exponential Conference. Love Louie Giglio. I had so many revelations during his session that I lost count, but here are a few of them.

I loved his emphasis on the simple fact that our confidence is in the word of God. I've never heard it quite this way: "The word, every word, has an assignment and it will never return void." I love that thought, as a preacher, that every word has an assignment. Part of the reason why I love this is that I've had Jeremiah 1:12 in my spirit: "The Lord is watching over His word to perform it." It's probably my most cited verse in the last several months!

I also love His emphasis on the Holy Spirit. Louie said, "His name is not IT." Thank you! I think we often treat the third member of the trinity as a third-class citizen. Or He makes us nervous like a crazy uncle. But if I take the Holy Spirit out of the equation of my life my life is boring. The Holy Spirit is our electrical outlet. No Holy Spirit = No Power.

I think a lot of people come to conferences looking for the secret sauce. Here it is: the word + the spirit = secret sauce.

One last observation. Some speakers speak. Louie ministers. Not sure how else to say it. He wasn't talking to me. He was ministering to me.

No comments: