Friday, March 13, 2009

Caught

Excerpt from Caught or Taught by Mark Batterson:

There are some things that cannot be taught. They can only be caught. Last night during our family devotional time I talked about what it means to live a Spirit-prompted life. And I gave some examples. But that can't be taught. It can only be caught.

The greatest desire of my life is that my kids would grow up to love God with all of their heart, soul, mind, and strength. But I can't control that. The longer I parent the more I realize that all I can do is live what I want them to learn. If we're generous, our kids learn generosity. If we're kind, our kids learn kindness. If we love the word of God, our kids learn to love the word. If we apologize, our kids learn to apologize. And if we're obedient to the wild and crazy promptings of the Holy Spirit, then maybe just maybe, our kids will discover the adventure that is chasing the Wild Goose.

...

No comments: