Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Woo

I only caught a little of this FamilyLife Today broadcast with Tim Downs on my way home last night, but it sounded interesting. Here's an excerpt (Tim speaking) from the conversation:

If we're going to reach people, we have to realize people are fallen as human beings, it's not just our minds, it's our hearts, it's our imaginations, it's our wills. We're trying to reach fallen human beings. So that means our job is not just to inform the uninformed, it's to woo the wayward lover back, and I think it's one of the reasons that Jesus told so many stories even though His career on earth was only three years long. I mean, wouldn't He write a legal text? Could He really afford to take a chance that He'd be misunderstood or that He wasn't clear?

But I think He knew, these are wayward lovers here, so I'm going to tell them some stories. I'm going to engage their hearts, their imaginations, and they will begin to follow Me, and that's exactly what happens.

No comments: