Thursday, August 30, 2007

Awaken Our Awe of God

Excerpt from "The God Who Thunders" by Kimberly Tyree, Discipleship Journal (July-August 2007), p. 30:

"We need to be shaken by God every now and then, to be jostled out of our need for control. We need to be reminded of how powerful and glorious He really is and experience awe in Him. Otherwise, we can get too caught up in our view of reality, forgetting that God is so much more than we can comprehend.

Often, opportunities to be shaken by God are closer than we think. As I write this article on my laptop loaded with all the newest software, connected via the internet to people and information from all over the world, I hear the wind rustling the branches outside my window, and I feel insignificant. All that I do, all that I create, all that I understand is insignificant compared to God. I am reminded that my focus should be God. Only He is worth my time, my effort, my life. Everything I do should be to glorify and praise His awesome name."

No comments: