Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Prayer Verse

Our prayer verse for this week is from Jeremiah 29:13

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


Did you ever play "hide and seek" as a child? If you did and you were hidden then you didn't want to be found. God wants to be found -- in fact promises that we will find Him -- and He gives us a "finding strategy" -- look with the heart. But the seeking is not a casual seeking, God says "with all your heart". We need to want God. Something I think about often is whether I want God more than I want other things -- even other good things. I want to be serious about this God-walk. I want to pursue God with all my heart because He is the "greatest treasure".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus is the first one back to Home base, and he's hollering, "All ya'll that's out, is free!" -pj