Friday, March 16, 2007

Forgive

God wants to transform and renew our minds so we can think the thoughts of Christ about the person we are to forgive.

Jesus, when Peter asked You, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? You responded, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times” (Matthew 18:21-22). In the parable of the unmerciful servant, the only person in the end who was imprisoned and tortured was the one who would not forgive (Matthew 18:33-34). Help me to see the monumental price of unforgiveness. It is so enslaving and torturous. According to Matthew 18:35, You may allow me to suffer the same kind of repercussions if I refuse to forgive from my heart someone who has sinned against me.

Beth Moore

Praying God’s Word


No comments: