Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Prayer Verse

Our prayer verse this week from Jude 24-25

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

These verses are labeled in most Bibles as doxology, which means "an expression of praise to God". I see within this praise at least two parts. One part is what God does for believers. The second part is describing God and His attributes. Both are great reasons to praise God!

-------------
The Message

And now to him who can keep you on your feet, standing tall in his bright presence, fresh and celebrating—to our one God, our only Savior, through Jesus Christ, our Master, be glory, majesty, strength, and rule before all time, and now, and to the end of all time. Yes.

New Living Translation

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

ESV

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

1 comment:

renee said...

Able to keep me from falling - that part kind of struck me today as I read it. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not always the most coordinatoed person (athletically speaking) and my rather limited sports activities have been punctuated with falls that have broken ankles, sprained ankles, and bruised numerous parts repeatedly. Those falls have hurt but not nearly as much as the falls that have occured when I've chosen to depend entirely on myself (often a problem since I am a control freak) or the falls from the times when I have turned my back on what I knew to be right and good and walked off into the darkness. I kind of like the idea of God being able to keep me from falling.