Wednesday, January 17, 2007

As You Follow Christ Jesus

Our prayer verse this week:

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6


My thought for today about this verse is that (1) we look to God to give us the spirit of unity, and (2) it comes as we individually follow Christ. Therefore, my encouragement to you today is to pray to God for Him to give us a spirit of unity and to follow Christ. I believe unity among believers happens when we are each united with Christ.

For example, John 17: 22-23 --
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

No comments: