Friday, August 18, 2006

Who Am I?

Elizabeth Elliot Devotional

Title: Who am I?

This was Moses' question when God said He would
send him to Pharaoh to bring release for the
enslaved Israelites. The early part of Moses'
life shows him to be a champion--that is, a
defender and protector (of the man being wronged,
of the shepherd girls), but this was not the
strength he was to depend on. The real question
for Moses, as for us, is not "Who am I?" but, Who
is it who summons us? It is the Lord, the I AM,
the same yesterday, and today, and forever. He is
with us. This is what matters. This is our reason
for confidence.

Today we may find ourselves summoned to a task
which we know is quite beyond us. "Me, Lord?" we
quaver, "Who am I?" God answers. "I am with YOU."


The Lord of Hosts is with us
The God of Jacob is our refuge. (Ps 46:11 AV)

No comments: