Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Time for God

Elizabeth Elliot Devotional

It is a good and necessary thing to set aside
time for God in each day. The busier the day, the
more indispensable is this quiet period for
prayer, Bible reading, and silent listening. It
often happens, however, that I find my mind so
full of earthly matters that it seems I have
gotten up early in vain and have wasted
three-fourths of the time so dearly bought (I do
love my sleep!). But I have come to believe that
the act of will required to arrange time for God
may be an offering to Him. As such He accepts it,
and what would otherwise be "loss" to me I count
as "gain" for Christ.

Let us not be "weary in well-doing," or
discouraged in the pursuit of holiness. Let us,
like Moses, go to the Rock of Horeb--and God says
to us what He said to him, "You will find me
waiting for you there" (Ex 17:6 NEB).

No comments: