Monday, February 06, 2006

Boast About Nothing But the Cross

For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate.
Galatians 6:14 (The Message)

--------------------------------------

" ... for redeemed sinners, every good thing -- indeed every bad thing that God turns for good -- was obtained for us by the cross of Christ. Apart from the death of Christ, sinners get nothing but judgment. Apart from the cross of Christ, there is only condemnation. Therefore everything that you enjoy in Christ -- as a Christian, as a person who trusts Christ -- is owing to the death of Christ. And all your rejoicing in all things should therefore be a rejoicing in the cross where all your blessing were purchased for you at the cost of the death of the Son of God, Jesus Christ." Don't Waste Your Life, John Piper, p. 51.

--------------------------------------

"My sin, O the bliss of this glorious tho't!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to his cross,
and I bear it no more; Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
O my soul!
It is well (It is well) with my soul (with my soul)
It is well, it is well with my soul. "

No comments: