Friday, May 14, 2010

God's Faithfulness

Mark Batterson post:  For David's Sake

I love it when you get big revelations from little verses. We're reading through I and II Kings right now and it's incredible the way God blesses certain kings because of his loyalty to their ancestor, David.

This little phrase in I Kings 15:3 got in my spirit: "for David's sake." You've heard the phrase: For Pete's Sake right? I actually have no idea what that means. But it reminds me of this phrase: "for David's sake." David's faithfulness to God resulted in God's faithfulness to David. It translates into a multi-generational blessing that defied time and space. Why? Because God's faithfulness isn't limited to the present tense.

In the margin of my Bible I wrote "grandfather." There have been moments in my life when the Holy Spirit has whispered to my spirit: this is an answer to your grandparents prayers. I have experienced the blessing of God because of my grandfather's faithfulness.

I'm hoping that God blesses my kids and grand kids "for Mark's sake."

No comments: