Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Emerging Church

Dan Kimball post:  "Preaching and the Emerging Church" free e-book

I got an email this morning that let me know on Mark Driscoll's web site a free e-book to download was posted called "Preaching and the Emerging Church". You can go here and download it as a pdf or transfer it to an e-reader. This is the page: 
http://theresurgence.com/preaching-and-the-emerging-church

I scanned the chapter he wrote on my view of preaching very quickly tonight - so I can't comment on it yet. I don't use the term "emerging church" too much more, as I have blogged about before.  But from my fast scan it looks like he did a good job writing about my personal view and practice of the role of preaching. I do need to read it through more carefully, but if this is helpful or anyone has interest - here where you can download it.  It has a bunch of charts and graphs at the back of the book.

It has a recommendation from Ed Stetzer on it, so should be interesting to read. The book used the categories about the emerging church that Ed created.

No comments: