Monday, July 06, 2009

Prayer

David Jeremiah: The Warrior's Prayer (based on Ephesians 6)

The Warrior's Prayer

Heavenly Father
Your Warrior prepares for battle!
Today I claim victory over Satan by putting on
The Whole Armor of God!

I put on the girdle of Truth!
May I stand firm in the truth of Your WORD.
So I will not be a victim of Satan's lies.

I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness!
May it guard my heart from evil
So I will remain pure and holy.
Protected under the Blood of Jesus Christ.

I put on the shoes of peace!
May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel
so Your peace will shine through me
And be a light to all I encounter.

I take the shield of Faith!
May I be ready for Satan's fiery darts of
doubt, denial and deceit
So I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

I put on the Helmet of Salvation!
May I keep my mind focused on You
so Satan will not have a stronghold on my throughts.

I take the Sword of the Spirit!
May the two-edged sword of Your WORD
be ready in my hands so I can expose
the temtping world of Satan.

By faith your warrior has put on the
Whole Armor of God!

I am prepared to live this day in
SPIRITUAL VICTORY!

Amen!


No comments: