Monday, July 23, 2007

Sermon: You Don't Need Pliers

Yesterday Aaron spoke on worshipping the God who gives us power based on Acts 1:8 and 1 Cor 1:18.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

We know this but we need to be reminded that it is His power -- it is not about us -- God is worthy of all of our praise -- "here we are to worship"

------------------------
Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me

(Tim Hughes, Here I Am to Worship)

No comments: