Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Prayer Verse

Prayer verse for this week is from Psalm 19:14

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

God is our rock and redeemer and we want to please Him. What is sobering to me is the understanding that we want both words and heart to be pleasing. Sometimes it is easy for the words to be pleasing while the heart is far from pleasing. We need God's power to transform our heart. And then may God receive the glory for what He is doing.

But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." John 3:21

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 Cor 4:7

No comments: