Friday, October 20, 2006

Fellowship

Biblical joy is the shared joy of fellowship. Jesus said, "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete"
(John 15:11).

The apostle John wrote his first epistle to those he loved in order "to make our joy complete" (1 John 1:4). In his third epistle, John couldn't get any clearer: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth" (3 John 4).
God shaped our souls in such a way that we become more complete in fellowship. Sin usually leads to isolation. The Spirit of God, by contrast, moves us toward others. Even an introvert such as myself finds his truest happiness and satisfaction in shared living.

From Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls
by Gary L. Thomas

No comments: