Saturday, September 02, 2006

Integrity

Elizabeth Elliot Devotional

Title: The Token of Integrity

"With a servant, a warrior, a child, a subject,"
writes Andrew Murray in The New Life, "obedience
is indispensable, the first token of integrity."

God is my Master, my Captain, my Father, my King.
I am servant, warrior, child, subject. What have
I to do in any of these cases but obey?

Integrity means wholeness, unbroken condition,
the quality of being unimpaired and sound. An
integer is something which is complete in itself,
an entity. No one can serve two masters. Divided
loyalty will mean impaired obedience. "A soldier
on active service will not let himself be
involved in civilian affairs; he must be wholly
at his commanding officer's disposal" (2 Tm 2:4
NEB).

O Christ, be Master and Captain of my life. Give
me a whole heart united to do your bidding and to
do nothing else. Let me hear your voice and no
other. Make my life an integer for your glory.
Amen.

No comments: