Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Calm

Elizabeth Elliot Devotional

Title: The Calm Spirit of Christ

Today is moving day. There will be plenty of
reason for fretting and stewing, impatience, and
turbulence. I am one who seems to feel that
unless I do things or unless they are done my
way, they will not be done right, and the day
will disintegrate. But I have been watching the
sea--very turbulent this morning because of a
tropical storm hundreds of miles away--and I
remember Him whose word was enough to calm it.

Speak that word to me today, dear Lord: peace.
Let your calm spirit, through the many
potentially rough minutes of this day, in every
task, say to my soul, Be still. Even this day's
chaos, with all its clutter and exertion, will be
ordered by your quiet power if my heart is
subject to your word of peace. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: