Thursday, March 10, 2011

Holy Dreams

Christine Wyrtzen Devotional


IMAGINE
Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. Romans 6:13

I know that heaven awaits but Jesus came to announce that the kingdom is here now.  I am to spend my life asking the question, “What would heaven’s response look like in this situation?” That answer, determined by scripture, is my guideline for how to pray.  Specifically, this is what it looks like for me.
  • If Jesus were my husband, what would He say about this?
  • If Jesus could come in person today and talk to me about my child, what might He say?
  • If Jesus were to come and pastor our church, what might His first steps be?
These answers give me a glimpse into the prayer life of Jesus when He taught us to pray, “Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”

To take this even further, which is what Paul is getting at in today’s scripture; I consider all the things a human can do with his body.  What will my hands be doing when I get to heaven?  What kinds of things will my mouth say?  How will I reign with Christ and what does that leadership look like?

In a glorified body, I will be using all my members for righteousness.  As I imagine that, and I can because of all the pictures scriptures paint, I begin to see how I am to live now.

The kingdom is here now and I can begin to live in it as I will live in it – through the power of the Spirit.

Direct my imagination toward holy dreams.  I am yours. Amen


No comments: