Monday, July 05, 2010

Interceding

Mark Batterson post:  History Belongs to the Intercessors

Walter Wink once said: "History belongs to the intercessors." I love that statement and I believe it's true. Prayer has no expiration date. In a sense they are timeless. It's almost like prayer is a spiritual wormhole. We pray with our four-dimensional limitations, God isn't limited to four-dimensional answers! Why? Because He exists outside the four spacetime dimensions He created.

I dedicated my last book, Primal, to my grandparents with this statement: your prayers outlive you. There have been moments in my life when the Holy Spirit has whispered to my spirit: I'm answering the prayers of your grandparents in your life right now. Those are powerful moments.

Intercessors typically don't make headlines, but if you read between the lines, they are the ones writing His-story!

No comments: