Thursday, January 29, 2009

Life

Christian Working Woman Transcript

Thursday, January 29, 2009 - When Life Throws You a Curveball

You know, it’s easy in good times to believe that “in all things God works for the good of those who love him,” but when the bottom falls out and our faith is shaken, how do we hold on to the full assurance that God is in it, and he is in control of everything in our lives? It’s no secret that we are all facing some challenging times as we watch our economy in a critical struggle. Of course, there are many other kinds of struggles that try our faith as well.

I was glad to see 2008 come to an end, as it was one of those years when life kept throwing me curveballs. My mom went on to heaven early in the year, and then my oldest brother suddenly dropped dead a few months later. In addition, another unresolved issue with potentially serious consequences, hung over my head for twelve long months. One of the things I recognized through those days was that now I had to decide, by faith not by emotions, whether I really believe that God is in control of all things in my life, and indeed, everything works for my good.

No comments: