Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Promises

Promises to give Hope

Why are you discouraged, my soul? Why are you so restless? Put your hope in God, because I will still praise him. He is my savior and my God.
Psalm 42:11

I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

We were saved with this hope in mind. If we hope for something we already see, it’s not really hope. Who hopes for what can be seen? But if we hope for what we don’t see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
Romans 8:24-25

We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God—those whom he has called according to his plan.
Romans 8:28

Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up.
1Corinthians 13:7

God our Father loved us and by his kindness gave us everlasting encouragement and good hope. Together with our Lord Jesus Christ, may he encourage and strengthen you to do and say everything that is good.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

No comments: