Thursday, January 26, 2006

God's Promises

" ... I am watching over My word to perform it."
Jeremiah 1:12 (New American Standard Bible)


"The almond tree is one of the earliest trees to bloom in Palestine. Before it puts forth leaves, it puts forth blossoms, white and snowy. While the land is still chill from winter, the warm blossoms, untended and unforced, surprise us with a promise of spring. Every spring it happens again. ...

The blossom is a delight in itself, ... fragrant to smell. But it is more. It is anticipation. It is promise. Like words. ... God's words. ... They are promises that lead to fulfillment. ... God does what he says."

Run With The Horses


January 25, "God's Promises", God's Message for Each Day, Eugene H. Peterson (Countryman).

------------------------------

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message)

No comments: