Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Thank You

Mark Batterson's 23,000 Thank Yous Post

"Celebrate in the presence of the Lord."

That is the phrase I kept coming across in Deuteronomy today. And I think it's one of our greatest shortcomings as Christ Followers. Most of us are wallowing in guilt when we should be swimming in gratitude. Don't get me wrong. We need to repent. And one dimension of that is emotional repentance. We feel bad about what we've done. But God wants to sanctify our emotions so we're able to wholeheartedly celebrate who He is and what He has done. How? There are lots of ways, but I think a gratitude journal is one of the most spiritual things you can do. It keeps you focused on things that are praiseworthy.

Don't know where to start? Well, how about the fact that you're still breathing. In fact, you'll take approximately 23,000 breaths today. Seems to me like we owe God 23,000 thank yous.

No comments: